Anything that is white will become dirty over time. In baseball, it is no different as your uniforms and shoes hold stains from dirt as you play games. You will be thirsty to know how to clean white baseball cleats.
If your favorite cleat becomes dirty, it will hurt you the most. In order to get relief from that, you only need to see the pants of an umpire after a game to know how much dirt is on the field. For the shoes, they are occasionally white so it can be hard to keep them clean.
Fortunately, you can easily clean your baseball cleats, but you have to use the right product for it. It should not be a cleanser for shoes since its purpose is different from what you want. It should not be a regular soap, and it should not be a dishwashing liquid as well. The best way to clean them is using a cleanser meant for baseball equipment and shoes.
After reading this post you will know which steps to follow to clean your baseball cleats and that will look new again.
Let’s Jump in!
Table of Contents
A Cleanser for Baseball Equipment or Shoes:
Prepare the Things You’ll Need:
You can easily find this in sporting goods stores. It is more common than you think so it should not be difficult to buy. You will need a bottle of cleaner but there are bigger packs that include a cleaning brush and some polish for the shoes as well.
Warm Water: This is very important since cold water will make things worse. The cleats are made of rubber that won’t dry with cold water. Most cleaners work better with warm water too. So you should have some ordinary tap water to use.
Shoe Polish: It is important to note that the sole of your shoes is not part of this cleaning process. You are only cleaning where you play. If you need to shine them, then you can use regular polish.
Toothbrush: You might also want to prepare a toothbrush and some rags as well. The toothbrush’s main purpose is to help you remove dirt that is really stuck on your shoes while the rag will be used for drying.
Why Do You need to Clean your Baseball Cleats?
They are one of the most important essentials in baseball for helping you get a hold of the ball because if they are dirty, it could make it hard for you to run and play like the ball ended up hitting in different directions.
If they are clean, then you have better performance in playing baseball. It also will wear down less, which means it will last longer after multiple uses.
If you are using an old cleat, you will be looking for a new pair. I have researched a lot about the best baseball cleats based on users’ choices and reviewed the best baseball cleats for youth. You can read that to check the best list there.
Here’s How to clean white baseball cleats
Follow these steps and you’ll have clean cleats before long.
1. Pour some cleaner on the shoes and use the brush to scrub them clean. Twist it as you do this for a more effective method. Scrub just enough until the dirt is gone but leave some behind to help absorb moisture.
2. Thoroughly rinse off all of the cleansers with warm water using just your fingers to scrub a bit.
3. Use the toothbrush to clean the dirt that is really stuck on your shoes, but just focus on one area at a time. You should start from where you play and then work your way down from the ankle part. Clean them with just water if you have no trouble removing them yet don’t use too much force just to avoid damaging the rubber.
4. Allow your shoes to air dry completely with a fan or some other means of air circulation since you don’t want them to mold up. Once they’re dry, lightly polish them up. The cloth will allow you to work on one area at a time and after wiping it off, the dirt should be gone.
5. You can also use a rag to wipe them dry if you don’t have a fan available. Just wipe the dirt off and avoid some sections so that it doesn’t stain your shoes too much else you’ll risk some rubber damage. Use the rag just like how you would use a brush and keep on twisting it as you do it to have better results.
6. Clean the cleats with water only so that no soap or other cleansers are used on them. You can use a clean rag or brush for this part as well since it’s much easier to wipe off dirt compared to your shoes. Just scrub lightly until all of the mud is gone and avoid cleaning the sole since it has its own purpose.
7. Let the cleats dry similar to how you will clean your shoes and use a rag just like what you did with your shoes if you can.
8. Allow your cleats and shoes to air dry overnight before wearing them again as they need time to set and properly dry out. Try not to wear them wet since you might not be able to walk properly.
How to Clean White Baseball Cleats with Dishwashing Liquid
(Dawn or Palmolive or any other that does not contain grease and oil to avoid staining the shoe. Baking soda is also a good alternative.)
- Pour some dishwashing liquid onto the shoes and use a toothbrush to scrub the dirt. Scrub just enough but avoid using too much force.
- Thoroughly rinse off with warm water only. If you have no trouble removing it, then don’t use soap at all. Vinegar can help wear down stains if needed though.
- Use a toothbrush or cloth to clean off the really stuck-on dirt. This should be done just one area at a time for better results.
- Let your shoe air dry overnight and use a fan if you have one available since no air circulation will cause them to mold up over time. A rag can also be used if needed.
- Clean the cleats with just water since soap or any cleansers may stain them. Only use a rag or brush in this step to avoid damaging the rubber.
- Air-dry overnight before wearing them again. Try not to wear them when they’re wet since it might affect how you walk.
A Bowl of Warm Water
You can use a bowl of warm water to take away the dirt from your cleats if you have no problems removing it. Just put them in and let them soak for a few minutes, but don’t leave them overnight as they might mold up.
Toothbrush for Cleats:
Because you can’t use soap on your cleats, a toothbrush is the next best thing since it’s only used once. You can wash it off or replace it if you want to clean dirt off of something else.
You just scrub lightly using small circular motions to avoid damaging the rubber.
Cleaning Rubber Sole Part of Baseball cleats
You can also wipe off any dirt that’s stuck on this part but make sure that you don’t use too much force or your rubber sole might injure you. You can only do it one area at a time with soap and water before wiping off the gunk.
A new baseball glove is something special to a young ballplayer, even if it’s only used for practice. But after some time, age will inevitably make it look like it’s seen better days.
But if care isn’t taken in keeping the glove in its original shape, it can fall apart really fast even before you know it.
How do you get the dirt out of white cleats?
People have been asking this question for a long time now and one of the best ways to do it is just by brushing them off.
Scrubbing them with a brush or cloth can also help remove some dirt from the surface though that may be hard to do due to their design.
But you won’t be able to get everything out, so it’s up to you how much effort you want to put in.
How do you get dirt stains out of cleats?
This depends on how tough the stain is. Some can be removed through normal wiping, but others will give you more trouble.
Some people even scrape off the excess dirt first before washing it off with dishwashing liquid or warm water since this can help wear down stains on some products, like shoes and cleats.
It makes sense to try doing that since the dirt you scrape off will still be on the shoes and it’s more advisable to just cut down on the work needed to remove it.
How can I make my cleats white again?
Scrub the cleats with some dishwashing liquid and a brush or cloth to get rid of dirt. Make sure that you don’t put too much effort into this since you might damage it.
Just do one part at a time before letting them air dry overnight once all the dirt has been removed.
Can you wash cleats in the washer?
Just don’t put your shoes in the washer since this type of machine cleans things with a lot of pressure and it may wear down the rubber.
You can get soap or any other cleaning products on it too which might cause damage to the shoe itself.
How do you make white cleats look new?
Use warm water and dishwashing liquid to remove dirt from the surface of your cleats. You can use a toothbrush or cloth in this step since it may take some time before you get all the gunk off unless you’ve got a lot of spare time on your hands.
After doing that, let them air dry overnight before wearing them again. This will prevent them from wearing down as quickly.
How do you keep white cleats from getting dirty?
You can keep your shoes from getting all smudged up by wearing a pair of socks every time you play or practice with them if this is a concern.
This way, it’ll be easier to wash off dirt stuck on the rubber sole and they won’t wear out as quickly after being used for a long time.
How to clean baseball white cleats?
It’s pretty easy since you just have to use soap and water on them, but be careful not to rub too hard since this can damage the rubber if done too often. Only do it once per week at most or they’ll become worn down quickly.
What’s the best way to clean white cleats?
You just have to scrub them gently using a soft cloth, but it may take some time before you get rid of all the dirt stuck on the rubber part.
Also, be careful not to put too much pressure on your shoes, or else they may become fit for the trash can since it’s built to withstand being stomped on repeatedly in the game.
What is the best way to clean white baseball cleats?
It may be hard to remove dirt using just water so you might have to use dishwashing liquid or warm water mixed with a little bit of soap instead.
You can also try making your shoes wet, so this will help loosen up the dirt stuck on them before washing them off with a cloth or brush.
If you wash your cleats too often, they might wear down fast so make sure that you don’t use soap when you do it. This way, cleaning won’t be as hard and your shoes won’t deteriorate that much after constant use.
How do you clean white baseball cleats?
Just scrub the dirt off them with warm water and dishwashing liquid, but make sure not to put too much effort into it, or else the shoes may wear down quickly.
Only do this once a week or else they’ll be damaged soon after. You can then let your cleats dry overnight so you can wear them as soon as possible.
Knowing how to clean white baseball cleats is essential if you want to make sure that your shoes last for a long time even after constantly using them.
It may take some time and effort, but it pays off in the end since your cleats will be cleaner and won’t wear out as quickly.
Just remember these steps when cleaning your shoes and you should be fine.
Stay safe! And if you have any questions related to baseball you can ask me in the comment section.
Hi, My name is Benjamin Fink and I am the author of the ping pong reviewed blog. I am a sports person learning and sharing my knowledge with others about ping pong and other sports.
I have been playing ping pong for the last 17 years and teaching people about the game and writing new things about the game through this blog When finding something new. I have participated in serious ping pong tournaments in my country.