How would one expect to win the war without having the right weapon? Yes, if talking about the baseball war, a bat is something that needs to be perfect to turn the battle in one’s favor!
Bats that allow players to go to their highest level of performance need to fulfill some criteria. Moreover, these requirements vary with the age of the players. That is, a particular type of bat is made to meet the requirements of players of a specific age group.
This article will discuss the list of the best baseball bat for 8 year old along with some tips on how to grab the right one.
List of 7 Best Baseball Bat for 8 Year Old and You Must Pick the Best From Them
1. DeMarini Voodoo Youth Baseball Bat
DeMarini is a popular and well-reputed baseball delivering organization in the USA. DeMarini products have huge demand around the world. Unique and outstanding quality work is a factor behind the large demand and sale of this product in the global market.
Unique features and its sweet-looking style along with its sizing options make it a good choice for players longing for delivering outstanding performance every time they hold the bat in the game of baseball!
The length to weight ratio of this type is -10, -9, and -5, and barrel diameter is 25/8 inches.Pros
- Users may face fewer incidents of sting due to the particular design pattern of the handle.
- It has fusion technology inside the handle that minimizes the vibration and gives solid feelings in contact.
- Being a two-piece hybrid bat, it is suitable for high school students.
- Available in three colors, black, red, and white, it helps in creating a good hit for its extended long sweet spot.
- Its end cap optimizes weight.
- It has better durability.
- It helps players for excellent and accurate throwing/performance through its specially designed alloy barrel.
- Some may find it a little expensive.
2. Easton S500 Youth Baseball Bat
By providing users with both speed and power, this Easton S500 Baseball bat with a balanced design is one of the best bats for 8 years old young players! Easton is a popular and reputed brand in the USA and all over the world.
It is made of 100% aluminum. The size of the barrel is 21/4 inches and the handle is 29/32 inches, and it is certified for using leagues like Little League, Babe Ruth, Dixie, Pony, AABC, and USSSA.Pros
- It has 7050 aircraft alloy that ensures its high quality and durability. Due to this type of aircraft, it has an extended sweet spot.
- It is made of light material.
- Players feel comfortable while holding it because of its ultra-thin handle.
- It is cheap and affordable.
- This evenly balanced design bat has super-fast swing speeds.
- Users may feel a little vibration because both its barrel and sweet spot are relatively smaller in size.
3. Easton Ghost X Evolution -10 baseball bat
The Easton Ghost X Evolution -10 (25/8 inches) is another good choice for 8-year-old or youth players for its high quality and outstanding design!
Constructed by fully composite material, this type carries a two-piece design. High quality as well as the extra advantages this type provides to users has made it one of the best options for an 8-year-old player.Pros
- Players can make a massive hit using this type for its design with flex technology.
- Users feel extra comfort while improving power.
- As it is developed with both EXACT and CXN, players feel ease and comfort while handling the bat.
- Its speed-balanced design allows players to hit the ball with speed.
- It provides a grip with exceptional feelings.
- It has enhanced pop sound due to having a responsive barrel provided by its end cap.
- Some may find it out of the budget because it is a little expensive.
4. Easton 2015 SL15MK10B Mako Comp 23/4 Inch -10 Senior League/Youth Big Barrel Baseball Bat
This type can be a great option for players while selecting the bat because of the incredibly good reviews it received from those who already used it!
Having a unique appearance that makes it different from other types of bats is the innovation inbuilt in its production process.
Moreover, its handle is very thin being 29/32 inch and users enjoy a moist feel while touching it. This type is certified by USSSA 1.15 BPF.
It can be a good option for youngsters as this bat helps users to improve the quality of their hitting.Pros
- It has patented two-piece ConneXion technology that helps in maximizing energy transfer to create an optimized feel.
- Having 7050 Aircraft Alloy helps in generating fast swing speed.
- Players feel comfortable holding it.
- It has high durability.
- It allows players to make a smooth hitting.
- It has a 12-month warranty.
- It is a bit expensive than other bats.
- If the users are accustomed to a thicker bat, they will face uncomfortable with the ultra-thin grip at the beginning, and however, they will love it with time.
5. Louisville Slugger Youth Armor Baseball Bat YBAR152
Certified with the 1.15 BPF USSSA stamp, this model of baseball bat would be a great pick for an 8-year old or youth to ensure their highest level of performance and success!
It is made of aluminum material, and its length to weight ratio is -12 with a 7/8-inch tapered handle. Moreover, it has a barrel diameter of 21/4 inches.
Louisville Slugger Youth Armor Baseball Bat is designed to pay equal attention to feed the need of every player regardless of what type of hitter he is!Pros
- This bat is a versatile type.
- Aluminum material allows for a strong and sturdy swing to the hitting zone.
- It is equally suitable for both contact and power hitters.
- Having an effectively designed end cap takes the players into a higher level of performance by energy transfer to barrel during contact, but with minimal vibration.
- It givers players a comfortable synthetic grip.
- Users can control swing weight easily using this bat.
- It creates an overall balanced swing.
- It has a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Sometimes shipping can be challenging
6. Louisville Slugger K100 Ash Wood Fungo Bat
Constructed with high-quality wood along with its outstanding look Louisville Slugger K100 Ash Wood Fungo Bat can be an excellent choice for young players like 8-year-old ones!
It is an especial kind of bat used only for practices. However, having a 21/4 inch barrel is pretty much suitable for any little league or youth group.Pros
- Constructed by Northern White Ash Wood this bat gives a lightweight feel and adjustability.
- It is very much suitable for training and recreation.
- Since this is lighter and slightly smaller than a regular bat, coaches can use it easily during practice to hit grounders and pop-ups to players.
- Its appearance is good for having a natural fire-tempered design that looks like a work of art on the body.
- Youthful players mechanics will be benefitted by practicing with this wood bat.
- It is cheap.
- Team discounts are available for this type of bat.
- Its use is limited to training, recreational event, and little league or youth group.
7. Axe Bat 2018 Element USABat (-8) Baseball Bat
To gather more experience with advanced bats, youth can pick the Axe Bat 2018 Element USABat (-8) Baseball Bat for their use!
It is certified for high school and college leagues. This is a one-piece all-aluminum bat with a barrel of 25/8 inch size.Pros
- It feels lighter than its original weight having a drop weight of -3.
- The weight from barren spreads to all parts evenly and perfect for youth to use.
- Its design allows users to enjoy batting by having and maintaining a strong balance, optimum range, and precision.
- It is a bat with superior durability.
- Available in both green and black, it offers one the options for choosing the color.
- It is affordable.
- It has positive/great reviews from users.
- It has 12 months warranty.
- It allows one to use the bat on 30 days no-risk trial. If the user does not satisfy with the product, s/he can claim a refund or exchange for another.
- It has single-piece alloy construction.
Check more content on baseball:
Best 8-year-old baseball bat buying guide that you must follow
A bat is one of the most important instruments for baseball players, therefore, choosing the right bat is a very crucial task for a player to their full potentialities in the field.
However, finding the appropriate bats according to one’s physical features and skill level is a difficult task.
Now the things that should be considered while selecting the right bat for an 8-year-old are as follows:Age and League: Every league must follow the league rules. In case of choosing a bat, leagues of players of 8-year-old must meet the requirement set by USSSA (United States Specialty Sports Association).
Therefore, before buying a bat, one must check with a coach or league official about the requirements or standards you need to meet!Length: Another important factor to consider while selecting a bat is the length of the bat. One’s swing mechanics and plate coverage is largely affected by the length of bat s/he uses. Too long bat hinders bat speed or swing mechanics, on the other hand, too short a bat limits one’s range of coverage and narrows down one’s striking zone.
One can measure whether a bat is of the right length for him/her by maintaining one of the following ways:
- Hold the one end of the bat in the center of your chest, then try to touch the other end of the bat with your fingertips, if you can touch it, the size of the bat is appropriate for you.
- Put the bat down to your side, and if the bat touches the center of your palm when you reach don, the bat is of appropriate length for you.
- Place the bottom of the bat in the center of your chest, now if you can comfortably manage to grab the barrel, the size is for you.
Instead of following these techniques, one can see the size chart and find out what would be the right size for him/her.Weight: Weight is another thing that deserves attention while choosing the right bat.
One’s feelings and comfort about the weight about weight is the ideal weight for him/her. That is, if one struggles to bring the bat through a hitting zone, then the bat is probably too heavy for him/her. A heavier bat does not always mean power if s/he cannot properly swing the bat.
On the other hand, if the bat is too light, a player may swing harder, but s/he would not get the maximum power out of the swing.
Therefore, the general rule for picking the bat of the right weight is to find the one that is the heaviest, but the user must be able to comfortably handle it.Materials: A bat can be made of either wood or metal. The high-quality bat has to be made of high-quality wood. Most wood bats have a -3 drop.
On the other hand, there is no break-in time required in the case of an alloy bat, or an aluminum baseball bat. It has higher durability. It is also more affordable compared to composite bats.
Having the larger sweet spot, a composite bat creates less vibration to the hands. However, it needs several hits (150-200 hits) to break in. They are expensive.One-piece vs two-piece bats: The last but not the least important thing one has to consider while choosing a bat is whether you need the one-piece or two-piece bats.
The one-piece bat can help in a balanced and powerful swing and is preferred by power hitters, while the two-piece bat is suitable for players with average or below-average bat speed as well as by contact hitters.
Hence, it can be said that before deciding on a bat, users regardless of age, in the case of this article, who are 8-year-old need to consider the above-mentioned factors. They should take the bats that suit them according to their physical features, comfort, and positions/roles in the playing ground.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions below people ask about 8-year-old baseball bat in USA, UK, Canada, and other countries. Please check those questions to get answers.
What size baseball bat should an 8-year-old use?
An 8-year-old uses a bat of 28 inches and an 18-ounce baseball bat. Moreover, the sizes that are just right for players of this age are 28/17, 29/18, 29/19.
However, the bat of 30/20 and 27/17 are usually a little too heavy and a little too light for them.
Nevertheless, no size can be called ‘perfect’ since it varies with the player’s height and health condition.
What is the best baseball bat for an 8-year-old?
In case of finding the best baseball bat for an 8-year-old, first attention should be given to pick the one with the right size. Research findings showed that a baseball bat size of 28-inch and 18-ounce is perfect for players of this age.
Furthermore, in the case of choosing the brand/model, Marucci’s CAT 8 released in 2019 was found to be the most popular USSSA bat among the kids of 8 years.
What youth baseball bat has the most pop?
The best youth baseball bats for 2021 include:
- Rawlings Raptor USA Youth Baseball Bat
- Easton SPEED USA Youth Baseball Bat
- Louisville Slugger Youth Prime Bat
- DeMarini Sabotage One
- Marucci Youth Pro Maple Bat
- Easton XL3 Youth Big Barrel
- Louisville Slugger Omaha USA Baseball Bat
- Combat Youth Maxum Big Barrel Senior League Bat
- Easton ALPHA360
- Marucci CAT COMPOSITE Senior League Bat
How we rate bats?
The two important parameters through which a bat is usually rated include length and weight. Longer the bat length the longer the reach a player can have. In this case, a player can have control of his/her swing. However, a too-long bat can slow down one’s performance.
There is a general chart that mentions what size of bat one should choose according to his/her height.
How to select the right youth baseball bat?
While selecting the right youth baseball bat the major factors that should be considered are the length, weight, and material of the bat.
Quality of material should be one of the most important criteria to consider while choosing a bat. Likewise, too long bat hinders bat speed or swing mechanics, on the other hand, too short a bat limits one’s range of coverage and narrows down one’s striking zone. In case of weight, one should choose the heaviest bat that s/he can comfortably handle.
Above all, one must follow the rules of the baseball league to know the requirements of the criteria of bat s/he needs to meet since the requirement varies with age.
Final Thoughts about baseball bat for 8-year-old
By summing up the attributes and the list of the ‘best baseball bat for 8 year old’ described above, it can be said that the ideal or best baseball bat for an 8-year-old is one with which s/he feels comfortable and can perform his/her best. At the same time, the type of bat that would allow the youngsters to learn and develop their skills needs to be considered while choosing bats for them.
To conclude, the fact should be reiterated that having the right ball can improve the ability of a player dramatically, and therefore, choosing the right bat for children of 8-year-old is one of the most important decisions and steps in the journey towards success and achievement in the field!