How would one expect to win the war without having the right weapon? Yes, if talking about the baseball war, a bat is something that needs to be perfect to turn the battle in one’s favor!
Bats that allow players to go to their highest level of performance need to fulfill some criteria. Moreover, these requirements vary with the age of the players. That is, a particular type of bat is made to meet the requirements of players of a specific age group.
This article will discuss the list of the best baseball bat for 8-year-old along with some tips on how to grab the right one.
List of 7 Best Baseball Bat for 8-Year-Old and You Must Pick the Best From Them
1. DeMarini Voodoo Youth Baseball Bat
DeMarini is a popular and well-reputed baseball delivering organization in the USA. DeMarini products have huge demand around the world. Unique and outstanding quality work is a factor behind the large demand and sale of this product in the global market.
Unique features and its sweet-looking style along with its sizing options make it a good choice for players longing for delivering outstanding performance every time they hold the bat in the game of baseball!
The length-to-weight ratio of this type is -10, -9, and -5, and the barrel diameter is 25/8 inches.Pros
- Users may face fewer incidents of sting due to the particular design pattern of the handle.
- It has fusion technology inside the handle that minimizes the vibration and gives solid feelings in contact.
- Being a two-piece hybrid bat, it is suitable for high school students.
- Available in three colors, black, red, and white, it helps in creating a good hit for its extended long sweet spot.
- Its end cap optimizes weight.
- It has better durability.
- It helps players for excellent and accurate throwing/performance through its specially designed alloy barrel.
- Some may find it a little expensive.
2. Easton S500 Youth Baseball Bat
By providing users with both speed and power, this Easton S500 Baseball bat with a balanced design is one of the best bats for 8 years old young players! Easton is a popular and reputed brand in the USA and all over the world.
It is made of 100% aluminum. The size of the barrel is 21/4 inches and the handle is 29/32 inches, and it is certified for using leagues like Little League, Babe Ruth, Dixie, Pony, AABC, and USSSA.Pros
- It has 7050 aircraft alloy that ensures its high quality and durability. Due to this type of aircraft, it has an extended sweet spot.
- It is made of light material.
- Players feel comfortable while holding it because of its ultra-thin handle.
- It is cheap and affordable.
- This evenly balanced design bat has super-fast swing speeds.
- Users may feel a little vibration because both its barrel and sweet spot are relatively smaller in size.
3. Easton Ghost X Evolution -10 baseball bat
The Easton Ghost X Evolution -10 (25/8 inches) is another good choice for 8-year-old or youth players for its high quality and outstanding design!
Constructed by fully composite material, this type carries a two-piece design. High quality as well as the extra advantages this type provides to users have made it one of the best options for an 8-year-old player.Pros
- Players can make a massive hit using this type for its design with flex technology.
- Users feel extra comfort while improving power.
- As it is developed with both EXACT and CXN, players feel ease and comfort while handling the bat.
- Its speed-balanced design allows players to hit the ball with speed.
- It provides a grip with exceptional feelings.
- It has enhanced pop sound due to having a responsive barrel provided by its end cap.
- Some may find it out of the budget because it is a little expensive.
4. Easton Mako Senior League/Youth Big Barrel Baseball Bat
This type can be a great option for players while selecting the bat because of the incredibly good reviews it received from those who already used it!
Having a unique appearance that makes it different from other types of bats is the innovation inbuilt in its production process.
Moreover, its handle is very thin being 29/32 inches and users enjoy a moist feel while touching it. This type is certified by USSSA 1.15 BPF.
It can be a good option for youngsters as this bat helps users to improve the quality of their hitting.Pros
- It has patented two-piece ConneXion technology that helps in maximizing energy transfer to create an optimized feel.
- Having 7050 Aircraft Alloy helps in generating fast swing speed.
- Players feel comfortable holding it.
- It has high durability.
- It allows players to make a smooth hitting.
- It has a 12-month warranty.
- It is a bit more expensive than other bats.
- If the users are accustomed to a thicker bat, they will face uncomfortable with the ultra-thin grip at the beginning, and however, they will love it with time.
5. Louisville Slugger Youth Armor Baseball Bat
Certified with the 1.15 BPF USSSA stamp, this model of baseball bat would be a great pick for an 8-year old or youth to ensure their highest level of performance and success!
It is made of aluminum material, and its length-to-weight ratio is -12 with a 7/8-inch tapered handle. Moreover, it has a barrel diameter of 21/4 inches.
Louisville Slugger Youth Armor Baseball Bat is designed to pay equal attention to feed the need of every player regardless of what type of hitter he is!Pros
- This bat is a versatile type.
- Aluminum material allows for a strong and sturdy swing to the hitting zone.
- It is equally suitable for both contact and power hitters.
- Having an effectively designed end cap takes the players to a higher level of performance by energy transfer to the barrel during contact, but with minimal vibration.
- It gives players a comfortable synthetic grip.
- Users can control swing weight easily using this bat.
- It creates an overall balanced swing.
- It has a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Sometimes shipping can be challenging
6. Louisville Slugger Wood Fungo Bat
Constructed with high-quality wood along with its outstanding look Louisville Slugger K100 Ash Wood Fungo Bat can be an excellent choice for young players like 8-year-old ones!
It is a special kind of bat used only for practice. However, having a 21/4 inch barrel is pretty much suitable for any little league or youth group.Pros
- Constructed by Northern White Ash Wood this bat gives a lightweight feel and adjustability.
- It is very much suitable for training and recreation.
- Since this is lighter and slightly smaller than a regular bat, coaches can use it easily during practice to hit grounders and pop-ups to players.
- Its appearance is good for having a natural fire-tempered design that looks like a work of art on the body.
- Youthful players’ mechanics will be benefitted from practicing with this wood bat.
- It is cheap.
- Team discounts are available for this type of bat.
- Its use is limited to training, recreational event, and little league or youth group.
7. Axe Bat 2018 Element – Baseball Bat
To gather more experience with advanced bats, youth can pick the Axe Bat 2018 Element USABat (-8) Baseball Bat for their use!
It is certified for high school and college leagues. This is a one-piece all-aluminum bat with a barrel of 25/8 inch size.Pros
- It feels lighter than its original weight having a drop weight of -3.
- The weight from barren spreads to all parts evenly and is perfect for youth to use.
- Its design allows users to enjoy batting by having and maintaining a strong balance, optimum range, and precision.
- It is a bat with superior durability.
- Available in both green and black, it offers one of the options for choosing the color.
- It is affordable.
- It has positive/great reviews from users.
- It has 12 month’s warranty.
- It allows one to use the bat on a 30-day no-risk trial. If the user does not satisfy with the product, s/he can claim a refund or exchange for another.
- It has single-piece alloy construction.
Check more content on baseball:
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions below people ask about 8-year-old baseball bats in the USA, UK, Canada, and other countries. Please check those questions to get answers.
What size baseball bat should an 8-year-old use?
An 8-year-old uses a bat of 28 inches and an 18-ounce baseball bat. Moreover, the sizes that are just right for players of this age are 28/17, 29/18, and 29/19.
However, the bat of 30/20 and 27/17 are usually a little too heavy and a little too light for them.
Nevertheless, no size can be called ‘perfect’ since it varies with the player’s height and health condition.
What is the best baseball bat for an 8-year-old?
In case of finding the best baseball bat for an 8-year-old, first attention should be given to picking the one with the right size. Research findings showed that a baseball bat size of 28-inch and 18-ounce is perfect for players of this age.
Furthermore, in the case of choosing the brand/model, Marucci’s CAT 8 released in 2019 was found to be the most popular USSSA bat among the kids of 8 years.
What youth baseball bat has the most pop?
The best youth baseball bats for 2022 include:
- Rawlings Raptor USA Youth Baseball Bat
- Easton SPEED USA Youth Baseball Bat
- Louisville Slugger Youth Prime Bat
- DeMarini Sabotage One
- Marucci Youth Pro Maple Bat
- Easton XL3 Youth Big Barrel
- Louisville Slugger Omaha USA Baseball Bat
- Combat Youth Maxum Big Barrel Senior League Bat
- Easton ALPHA360
- Marucci CAT COMPOSITE Senior League Bat
How do we rate bats?
The two important parameters through which a bat is usually rated include length and weight. Longer the bat length, the longer the reach a player can have. In this case, a player can have control of his/her swing. However, a too-long bat can slow down one’s performance.
There is a general chart that mentions what size of bat one should choose according to his/her height.
How to select the right youth baseball bat?
When selecting the right youth baseball bat the major factors that should be considered are the length, weight, and material of the bat.
Quality of material should be one of the most important criteria to consider while choosing a bat. Likewise, too long bat hinders bat speed or swing mechanics.
On the other hand, too short a bat limits one’s range of coverage and narrows down one’s striking zone. In case of weight, one should choose the heaviest bat that s/he can comfortably handle.
Above all, one must follow the rules of the baseball league to know the requirements of the criteria of bat s/he needs to meet since the requirement varies with age.
Final Thoughts about baseball bat for 8-year-old
By summing up the attributes and the list of the ‘best baseball bat for 8-year-old’ described above, it can be said that the ideal or best baseball bat for an 8-year-old is one with which s/he feels comfortable and can perform his/her best.
At the same time, the type of bat that would allow the youngsters to learn and develop their skills needs to be considered while choosing bats for them.
To conclude, the fact should be reiterated that having the right ball can improve the ability of a player dramatically, and therefore, choosing the right bat for children of 8-year-old is one of the most important decisions and steps in the journey towards success and achievement in the field!
Hi, My name is Benjamin Fink and I am the author of the ping pong reviewed blog. I am a sports person learning and sharing my knowledge with others about ping pong and other sports.
I have been playing ping pong for the last 17 years and teaching people about the game and writing new things about the game through this blog When finding something new. I have participated in serious ping pong tournaments in my country.